Hello Cookie Lovers! Here is my receipt for the swap:
Butter Pecan Shortbread
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cup chopped pecans, untoasted
Garnish: confectioners' sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream butter, sugar, vanilla extract, butter flavoring, and salt.
2. Using a mixer at medium speed, gradually sift in flour to form a stiff dough. Add all pecans, and blend.
3. Turn dough out onto a sheet of waxed paper, roll into an even rectangular-shaped log. Freeze until needed.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Slice dough into 1/4-inch squares. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Garnish with confectioners' sugar by dipping half the cookie in the sugar when cooled, if desired.
Note: The dough can be frozen up to a month. If you cannot find the butter flavoring.. you can omit it.
I hope everyone enjoys this receipt..for many other receipts..see Scrappy Jessi's blog. Thank you Jessi for this super great cookie swap! Hugs, Linda